THE GREAT APES OF UGANDA
Join me on what most consider is the greatest wildlife experience in the world; gorilla trekking. We will go into the wilds of Uganda and spend two days trekking and watching gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and two days trekking and watching chimpanzees in and near Queen Elizabeth National Park.
We will also enjoy a safari drive in the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park in hopes of seeing many different types of animals including lions, elephant, buffalo, various antelope, giraffe, and if we are lucky, the elusive and shy leopard. Along the Kazinga Channel, we will enjoy an afternoon boating safari as elephant and buffalo visit the river’s edge to drink. Additionally, we will see large numbers of hippo and a colorful array of bird life. We will have our own private guide and vehicle throughout or stay.
Our accommodations will be provided by the award winning Volcanoes Safaris at Bwindi Lodge and Kyambura Gorge Lodge. This is a great safari to stay active and enjoy nature mostly on foot in the presence of our wild relatives surrounded by the unique beauty of Uganda. As a bonus, my wife, Amy, will be joining me on this adventure. Amy is an Emergency Room and ICU nurse as well as an avid traveler. Your well-being and safari experience halfway across the world is very precious and important.
DON’T MISS THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!
Day 1 – Arrive via your international flight in Entebbe, Uganda where you are greeted and transferred to the Protea Hotel Entebbe. Breakfast is included.
Day 2 – Transfer to your 7:45 morning flight to Kasese where you will be greeted and transferred to Queen Elizabeth National Park and Kyambura Gorge Lodge for two nights. You will spend the 2nd half of your day tracking chimps in Kalinzu. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner are included during your stay.
Day 3 – Track chimps in Kyambura Gorge the first half of the day. After lunch, spend an afternoon on a boating safari along the Kazinga Channel where elephant, buffalo, hippo, as well as colorful and numerous birds are seen. The beauty of this area is magical.
Day 4 – You will depart on a morning game drive through the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park; an area known for it’s tree climbing lions. Afterwards, you will continue on driving through diverse landscapes to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and three nights at the recently updated and improved Bwindi Lodge. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner are included during your stay.
Day 5 – Depart in the morning for one of the greatest wildlife experiences in the world, gorilla trekking. Once you come upon gorillas, you will have a full hour to spend in close and safe proximity to these endangered, intelligent, and incredible primates. You should be in reasonable shape to hike for a number of hours in mountain-rainforest terrain. Porters are available to help carry your backpack and get up and down the trail for a very nominal fee.
Day 6 – Enjoy an incredible second day of gorilla trekking.
Day 7 – You will depart Bwindi Lodge at 09:45 am for your flight back to Entebbe where you will connect with your international flight home (make sure to schedule your international flight 8 pm or later).
$4,195 per person sharing (2 to a room) includes:
- An expert driver/guide and vehicle from Volcanoes Safaris for the entirety of the safari.
- Internal/domestic flights with Aerolink.
- Accommodation on a shared basis and meals as stated in the itinerary. Protea Hotel in Entebbe bed and breakfast only. On safari in Volcanoes Lodges (Bwindi and Kyambura) is all-inclusive.
- All activities; boat trips, park fees, nature and community walk fees, two chimpanzee and two gorilla permits.
- At Bwindi and Kyambura Gorge, the tariffs are on an all-inclusive basis and include unlimited consumption of all alcoholic and soft drinks (except champagne); laundry services; and any activities guests wish to do around the lodges.
- International airfare to and from Entebbe, Uganda.
- Trip cancellation and travel insurance.
- Uganda visa.
- Spa treatments at Bwindi Lodge.
- Visit your local travel nurse to learn what vaccinations are required and recommended.
- Items of a personal nature or additional activities not included in itinerary.
- Tips to guide and lodge staff.
Reserve Now : $1,200 non-refundable deposit to secure your spot.
Contact Tom Mazzarisi at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 406-548-2180