First Light Safaris is excited to team up with YogaKoh in offering an incredible yoga retreat and safari to one of the wildest places on Earth; The Okavango Delta in Botswana. We will be taking over two camps located next to each other. Enjoy 6 nights at Khwai Tented Camp and Khwai Bush Camp operated by the award winning African Bush Camps. Your yoga and spiritual guide will be Jolie Manza. The opportunity to connect with nature on a spiritual level is what makes this adventure unique. Imagine starting your day surrounded by the sights, sounds, and smells of the African wilderness as you breath and flow into your first Sun Salutation. The wildlife rich area is home to lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dog, elephant, hippo, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, several different species of antelope, hundreds of bird species, and a myriad of other life that is on full display day and night. We will encounter wildlife by vehicle, on foot, and by canoe with some of the top guides in Africa. As with all of African Bush Camps’ staffs, the people are incredible, hardworking, and friendly. The pride of who they are and their culture will be evident throughout our stay. Don’t miss this opportunity! Space is limited.
January 11; Many visitors to Botswana connect either through Johannesburg, South Africa or Cape Town, South Africa. If you are looking to spend a few days relaxing before a safari, Cape Town is the perfect destination. Those budget and time conscious, Johannesburg is your choice.
January 12; Board a direct flight to Maun, Botswana on South Africa Airways which arrives in Maun by 1:30 pm. We will be greeted by African Bush Camps and then board our bush flight to camp which will leave by approximately 3:00 pm.
January 12 to 18; Over the next 6 days, we will enjoy daily safari activities and yoga classes at Khwai Tented Camp and Khwai Bush Camp located in a private concession outside the Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta. Being in a private concession means less people, just as much wildlife, and the freedom to drive off-road to get closer to sightings and night time game drives to see some of the nocturnal animals.
January 18; For those wishing to extend their safari, there are many options to choose from. For those ending their safari, you will have a morning yoga class and/or game viewing activity and meal, followed by a bush flight back to Maun in time for your international flight back to South Africa.
– $3,695 per person single
– $3,295 per person sharing
– Dates are January 12 to 18, 2019 for Yoga and Safari Retreat
– Want to extend your safari? Contact email@example.com for many incredible options!
– Space is limited to 12 participants
– Accommodations at Khwai Bush Camp and Khwai Tented Camp
– Daily safari and game viewing activities
– Bush flights to and from camp
– 2 daily yoga classes overlooking the beautiful landscape surrounding camp
– 3 freshly prepared meals per day (vegetarian, gluten free, and other options available)
– All beverages and cocktails
– Park Fees
– International round trip airfare to Johannesburg’s or Cape Town, South Africa
– International round trip airfare to Maun, Botswana
– Pre or post safari accommodations
– Tips recommended at $20 a day ($10 to guide and $10 to staff)
– Travel and Trip Cancellation Insurance
– Items of a personal nature
– Yoga mat
“TYPICAL” DAY ON SAFARI
– Wake up at 5:30
– Morning meditation and yoga at 6:00
– Breakfast at 7:00
– Leave for morning game drive, canoe excursion, or walk (at the discretion of our guide) at 7:30
– Out on game viewing activity until 11:00 (stopping for tea, coffee, drinks and snacks midway)
– Down time/relaxation
– Afternoon yoga at 3:00
– Tea and snacks at 4:00
– 4:30 head out for game drive stopping for sundowner drinks (a bush tradition) and maybe a little yoga
– Dinner at 8:00
– Sleep and repeat
– This link is extremely important; www.travel.state.gov. Though there are no visa requirements for Botswana, it will give you suggested vaccinations, and other very important travel information.
– Visit your local travel nurse or doctor to discuss and obtain travel medications, vaccines, and other recommended preventatives. This is a malaria area so a malaria preventative is highly recommended.
– Trip cancellation insurance is a requirement of most safari operators. You are making a big investment and there may be unforeseen circumstances that could arise where you are forced to cancel your trip. Travel Guard and Square Mouth are two websites to visit when shopping for a reputable travel insurance company.
– Here is a link for a list of suggested items to bring. Make sure to bring your yoga mat since there won’t be any in camp. The temps in the morning will average in the 60’s with daytime averages around 90. It is the green season so there is a chance of afternoon thunderstorms on any given day. You won’t need any warm clothing. A light rain jacket works well to help keep the chill off this time of year.
– Weight limit on bush flights is 20 kg (44 pounds) for luggage (must be soft sided). I travel with a small camera bag and one carry-on sized soft duffel on most of my safaris lasting 2 to 3 weeks.
– Camp supplies mosquito repellent spray, shampoo and soap, and towels.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT TOM at FIRSTLIGHTSAFARIS@GMAILCOM